Legends of the Iron Kingdom
The city is divided into six districts. Each are as follows:
• Harbor Ward. A majority of the trade vessels use these docks, their crews and passengers make their way through here. It sits between the Market and Merchant Wards
• Market Ward. Located in the eastern portion of the city, this is where most of the tradesfolk and middle class live and work.
• Merchant’s Ward. Covering the western half of the city, this area houses the Grand Souk – the city’s marketplace, as well as the residences of the Merchant Princes.
• Old City. Built around the ruins of ancient ziggurats, many underprivileged laborers reside here in makeshift bamboo huts.
• Malar’s Throat. The city’s poorest live in this region in rows of old shacks at the edge of a ravine connected by narrow rope bridges on either side. Thieves and black markets abound here.
• Tiryki Anchorage. This area east of the city has inexpensive housing for visitors and explorers, as well as unregulated docks along the shore. There is a thriving black market here.
In every area in Port Nyanzaru, the party is able to obtain the following rumors and additional information by speaking with the various locals.
• Port Nyanzaru is overseen by seven Merchant Princes, each with an economic stake in the success of the city.
• The Death Curse has put much of the city’s population on edge.
• The recent events have seen an increase in patrols from both the city guard and the Citizen’s Brigade.
• There has been an influx of newcomers though many have provided as much hindrance to the populace as they have help. Each of the factions within the city have been requesting members of their order for additional aid.